Monday, March 3, 2008

I road for 24 hours!!!

Thank all so very much for your support and encouragement.


The race and the experience were a tremendous success. First it was raining, then it was snowing, and then the weather was perfect. I road for 24 hours except for two quick visits to the RV to warm up and change gear /clothing. The stats: I placed 5th out of 46 riders in my class of male-solo-single speed riders. I road 204 miles. (135+ miles were single track!). I had one crash, one flat tire and I did not run into any cacti ( amazing). I finished the race in 24 hours, 1 minute and 56 seconds. The best part of the race was my pit crew who cheered me on throughout the race. The pit crew consisted of 9 screaming, bell ringing, sign making boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 11. Jack my son was the professional videographer ( I paid him). Ann and three of my oldest friends from LA and the Bay Area rounded out the team. I post the film soon. Thanks again for everything. The experience has been one of the most important things I have ever done and I could not have done it without all of your support.

1 comment: