Friday, January 18, 2008



So what will I be riding?


I purchased a trek 69er specifically to race. As trek states, “The bike is an inverse mullet. It’s party in the front, and all business in the rear”. The 69er has a 29” wheel up front for stability and the ability to roll over most anything. In the rear, it’s a traditional 26” wheel. This rear wheel provides for the quickest acceleration with less rotational mass. The bike is very light, around 23 pounds. Best of all, the bike descends like a peregrine falcon and it climbs like a goat. With the Maverick custom double crown, 100 mm fork up front it soaks up all but the nastiest of trails. If I have problem going the distance during my 24-hour race it will not be because of the bike. It’s a ripper!

1 comment:

Silk Bike Corporation said...

hey papa its jack. Your blog is looking awesome. You should remember to title your posts though. and if you were looking for my video you can find it on www.silkbikeco.blogspot.com